I'll be sharing these recipes throughout next week, so today I'll lay out the necessary ingredients and my small list of equipment that really makes it easy for me keep the fridge stocked and me away from Dunkin's iced drinks.
First the necessary ingredients:
Coffee(I just use Folgers that I can buy in a big cheap-ish can)
Sugar
Lemon juice
Tea bags
Fresh ginger root
My equipment of choice:
2 - 1 gallon pitchers(I have these)
1 - 2 quart pitcher(this is my favorite)
Colander or sieve
Small kettle or large saucepan
Optional but handy equipment:
Sealable glass bottles
I have a 1 liter bottle that I use for ginger syrup and a couple of smaller ones that I use for small batches of berry purées and for the husband to take drinks to work in. I found mine at HomeGoods for $3-5 each, which is way cheaper than I was able to find them online.
A soda siphon
Now this is a really optional item - if you have one or you find a good one at a tag sale(that's where ours came from) or if you can borrow one from a relative that doesn't use it anyway, great! If not, bottled seltzer is still relatively cheap if you can get it on sale. You can get the soda chargers for about $0.40 each if you buy them in bulk from a bar supplier, they're actually more expensive to buy from Amazon than from a smaller dealer.
0 comments:
Post a Comment