Saturday, February 19, 2005
Let the Games Begin
It's the start of the spring theatre season here. Yay! Finally I'll have something to occupy me in the evenings. This semester we're putting on The Mousetrap, by Agatha Christie. It's a two-act whodunit set in a bed and breakfast. There is only one set for this play, it's a victorian-style great room with two staircases, four doorways, a fireplace, and a very tall window. The building of the set won't be as hard as the decorating it. A couple of the walls have old wood paneling on them, and then there's the matter of a fully functioning window, a working fireplace of some sort, and all of the furniture. There are only eight people in it, so it'll be relatively easy to manage. I will be taking my place as stage manager again. This time around my job will be easier as there is an assistant director as well. This means that I'll only have to go to half of the practices until it gets closer to the actual performance. On the downside one of my actors was arrested last night and will have to go to rehab. I don't know if that's going to be happening immediately or if they're not going to send him until the end of the semester. So I may have a fun time explaining it to the director tomorrow if the actor fails to show up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment