Friday, March 04, 2005

On Retainer

I figured out that, in an effort to keep my teeth from completely realigning themselves, I will be forced to wear my retainer for the rest of eternity, or until I upgrade to dentures. I discovered this last night unfortunately. My orthodontist told me that I wouldn't have to wear the retainers again and to just check every year or so, or after getting hit in the face with any type of sports ball, to make sure they still fit. Since my wisdom teeth are almost done with their rapid invasion of my oral cavity and my teeth were feeling a bit off kilter, I figured that I should see if they're still in the right spots. Apparently they aren't. It took a couple of ibuprofens to get them most of the way on. This wouldn't be such a feat with a normal retainer, but I have the clear kind that are like hollow dentures. So I will be wearing my retainer, and hopped up on ibuprofen, all weekend in the hope of massive ondontal reformation.

0 comments: