Monday, February 28, 2011

End of February Day Book

Outside My Window
A grey rainy, sleety, yucky looking day.  It's been this way since the wee hours of the morning and doesn't look as if it's going to end any time soon.


I am Listening To
The dog snoring while she naps by the window.


I am Wearing
Wool sweater, jeans, thick wool socks, slippers, and an afghan.


I am Grateful For
Blackcurrant Tea and leftover soup.


I am Reading
This and this, and thinking about how to find the balance between them.



I am Creating
A baby sweater, some knitted toy balls, and quilts for Bean and Ben.


I am Thinking
Of all the people I am writing notes to today.  Because what better to do on a gloomy day than write notes to friends on sunshiny stationary?


On My iPod
The Golem's Eye by Jonathan Stroud.


Around the House
Painting the downstairs bathroom, which will make it a much pleasanter looking place.  Though really, anything is better than plain white.


In the Kitchen
I'm not sure yet, I had to work on Saturday which threw off my grocery shopping schedule and I haven't thought about what to make tonight.  In which case it's probably breakfast for dinner, which is quick enough that I can get the shopping in this evening.


One of My Favorite Things
Quiet afternoons curled up on the couch with big cup of tea and some writing and knitting.


A Few Plans for the Week
Painting the bathroom, finishing both quilts, and just keeping up with things around the house.

2 comments:

Margaret Mary said...

It's interesting that you mention those two articles in this post. I too have been thinking about them since I read them. Heaven and earth, I guess.

Mrs. N said...

I've given a rather good reason to think abou them lately, the parish closest to us(just down the block) is a very aesthetically ugly parish, which I could get over, but it also has some rather odd liturgical quirks(singing a song about harmony instead of the sign of peace) that, when combined made it a less than ideal choice.

However, sadly, the pastor of that parish passed away a few weeks ago. The diocese hasn't appointed a new pastor(as far as I've heard), so we are praying that the new pastor is one who would inspire some liturgical change in the parish and make it a more pleasant(liturgically) place to attend mass.