Friday, March 04, 2011

Seven Quick Takes vol. 1(for me)





1.  The MIL's birthday present is coming along nicely.  It's my first time knitting lace and it's really much easier than I expected, though it probably helps that it's a cobwebby pattern and isn't supposed to look like leaves or anything else identifiable.


2.  I have one quilt completely sandwiched together and am going to be putting the border on and assembling the backing for the other one this afternoon.  I attempted to quilt Bean's quilt yesterday and the sewing machine freaked, so I'm going to have to work on figuring out what went wrong so I can quilt them both tomorrow.


3.  The shower window has been frosted and the seams have all been resealed, so hopefully that's all the work I'll have to do on that shower for awhile.  The fixtures could use replacing, but I'm hoping they'll hold out until we're ready to replace the surround and do the major overhaul of that room.


4.  I have a few dozen Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes to make for The Husband to take to work for his birthday next week.  I could go all the way and make them into Car Bomb Cupcakes, but he decided that really isn't necessary, he's just happy that his birthday isn't during Lent for once.


5.  I get to go clothes shopping this weekend!  It's been at least two months since I last bought myself something and I certainly could have waited longer, but I have a job interview next week and The MIL thinks I could use new clothes for it and offered to buy them!


6.  I just have a short shift at work this evening, only 3 hours and then on to my weekend!


7.  Which means I should probably go play with Helvetica before I leave.

1 comments:

Margaret Mary said...

On #5 - what a lovely surprise!